MCC Campus Rules
Safety by Choice, Not by Chance.Contraband:
- Weapons, alcohol, illegal drugs/substances, or items which pose a threat to others are not permitted in Medical Center Clinic buildings and it is recommended that such items not be brought onto the premises. If any such items are brought onto any Medical Center Clinic premises, the items should be secured in a person’s vehicle and should not be evident to others. Persons failing to comply with this expectation will be reported to the appropriate authorities. (Exception: Uniformed law enforcement and security officers on duty shall be allowed to carry handguns and/or any other type of weapon on their person on the premises.)
- Only properly identified service animals are permitted in Medical Center Clinic buildings.
- Non-service animals are permitted in Medical Center Clinic parking lots but should be kept away from the main entry area of any buildings.
- All animals should be appropriately restrained or contained.
- Animal owners are responsible for cleaning up after their animals.
- Animals left unattended in vehicles will result in a call to the appropriate authorities.
- A respectful distance from the ducks and other animals on the campus should be maintained at all times.
- Our ducks can be fed appropriate foods such as rice, cereal, fruits, & vegetables. Bread & bread products are not appropriate foods, as such products are harmful to the ducks.
- The ducks & their eggs are Medical Center Clinic property. Removal of them from the premises is considered theft.
- Children should be attended at all times, including in vehicles, on the grounds, and in Medical Center Clinic buildings.
- Children should be closely supervised when visiting the ducks, pond, and fountains.
- The use or sale of all tobacco products (cigarettes, including electronic; cigars; pipes and smokeless tobacco) is prohibited on all Medical Center Clinic premises (Gulf Region Medical Tower [Building 1], Ambulatory Surgery Center Building [Building 2], MedPro Solutions, Gulf Region Radiation/Oncology Cancer Center, Allergy Asthma & Immunology, any and all current and future satellite locations), and all parking lots and grounds associated with Medical Center Clinic's premises (owned or leased). Tobacco product use is prohibited within any vehicles owned and/or operated by Medical Center Clinic. Tobacco product use is prohibited within any personal vehicles while on Medical Center Clinic premises. The policy applies to all individuals in Medical Center Clinic buildings and/or on Medical Center Clinic's premises, including but not limited to: patients, visitors/guests, employees, physicians, students, agency staff, independent contractors, vendors, and contractors/subcontractors.
- Pick-up and drop-off areas are noted on the curbs outside the main building entrances. Vehicles should be parked in these areas for only a short period of time.
- Unattended vehicles in the pick-up/drop-off areas are subject to parking tickets issued through the Parking Enforcement division of the Sheriff’s Department.
- Caution should be used when driving through the parking lots and all traffic signs and right-of-ways should be honored.
- Pedestrian right-of-ways should be honored, being alert to persons with mobility problems.
- Garbage should be placed in the trash cans which are conveniently placed throughout the premises.
- Swimming, wading, or diving into the pond is not permitted.
- Skating of any type is not permitted on any Medical Center Clinic premises.
- Persons must have official Medical Center Clinic business (or be accompanying someone with official Medical Center Clinic business) to be on the property.
- Caution should be used when navigating sidewalks, curbs, the parking lots, and & various surface levels both outside and inside the Medical Center Clinic buildings.
- Medical Center Clinic shuttles are available at the 8333 North Davis Highway campus for our patients and those accompanying them. The shuttles should be used by persons who are weak, unsteady, or have mobility problems. (The shuttle can be summoned by calling 850.291.2646,driving up to one of the main entrances and alerting the Guest Services staff member, or by flagging/honking to the shuttle driver from the parking lot.)
- Medical Center Clinic will take measures to promote your safety and asks that you do the same.